So you need help getting to know your gear and setting up your business?
Or are you an established photographer and want to up your game in terms of branding, marketing, and lighting?
Either way, this ONE-ON-ONE MENTORSHIP is for you!
These days YouTube and Facebook have become everybody’s go-to resources when they have a question or run into a problem. But nothing beats in-person mentoring and hands-on learning!
I’ll show you the ropes, step by step, to get to where you wanna be. And I’ll let you pick my brain however you like. (Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating a little bit: not literally, I hope.)
- Photography 101
- Business 101
- Photography 201
- Business 201
in-person mentoring (2 hours) + Q&A (30 days): $200
Graduating from Auto, knowing your way around your gear, and understanding the fundamental principles of photography is paramount to the success of your photography business.
In this two-hour in-person mentoring session, you’ll learn about:
- important camera settings, the exposure triangle, and rules of composition;
- how to shoot in Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, and Manual modes, and when;
- how to enhance your photos in Lightroom using simple techniques; and
- BONUS: how to take better pictures with your smartphone.
And we’re going to shoot A LOT!
I will also be available to answer any questions you might have within 30 days after the session.
*$75 for each additional hour.
in-person mentoring (2 hours) + Skype follow-up (1 hour) + Q&A (30 days): $450
So you’re ready to start a photography business! CONGRATULATIONS! And kudos to you! Now its time to have all the business basics taken care of before you start taking clients. Trust me, it will save you a lot of stress and headache down the road!
In this two-hour in-person mentoring session, you’ll learn how to:
- set up your website;
- set up and manage your social media account(s);
- license your business;
- get insured;
- draft a contract or model release for your business;
- run Facebook campaigns to reach more clients.
This might sound a little bit overwhelming, but I’m here to help. And you’ll leave prepared for your business adventure!
*$125 for each additional hour.
in-person mentoring (2 hours) + Q&A (30 days): $300
So you have developed a good foundation and now you want to take your photography skills to the next level? It’s time to improve your composition, posing, and lighting. This is one of the few ways you can differentiate yourself and not compete on prices.
In this two-hour in-person mentoring session, you’ll learn actionable tips on:
- composing your shots for interesting, impactful images;
- posing children, family, guys, girls, and couples for authentic portraits that your clients will love;
- using flash for a natural look;
- shooting in difficult lighting scenarios; and
- BONUS: using objects on hand to create organic, unique images that will wow your clients.
Again, we’re going to shoot a lot! And I’ll show you step by step how to bring your artistic vision to life.
*$100 for each additional hour.
in-person mentoring (2 hours) + Skype follow-up (1 hour) + Q&A (30 days): $600
Business is steady, but you’re not where you want to be? Raising your perceived value and reaching your ideal clients will take you one step closer.
In this two-hour in-person mentoring session, I will help you with:
- effective pricing;
- optimizing your website for better search engine ranking;
- reaching your ideal clients with targeted Facebook ads; and
- moving on from a “shoot and burn” model.
All this will help take your business to the next level and make a happy boss.
*$200 for each additional hour.
To book your mentoring sessions, please explain below what your needs and goals are.
Please help me help you: the more detailed, the better!
David Q. Jin is an award-winning wedding photographer in St. Louis. His style is happy blend of photojournalism and editorial portraiture. With authentic “posing”, open-ended direction, creative lighting, and bold compositions, he creates images that are at once fresh, heartfelt, and timeless.